With its bed of fresh, crisp lettuce, array of garden vegetables and double helping of protein from the tuna and egg, Salad Nicoise is traditionally a summertime meal, but it’s so good, and so good for us, we should eat it anytime we want!
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
- 2 ea Albacore or Ahi Tuna Steaks (6 ounce steaks)
- 1 lb Baby New Potatoes
- 1 handful Green Beans
- 4 ea Eggs (hard boiled)
- 2 ea Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 cup Pitted Olives
- Romaine & Belgian Endive leaves
- 1.5 Tbsp red wine vinegar (or Balsamic)
- .25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Boil and cool potatoes. Hard-boil, cool and peel eggs. Blanch and refresh green beans. Reserve both.
- Arrange base-layer of romaine on a platter. Arrange Belgian endive leaves artfully over romaine.
- Portion and display potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, egg halves and olives around center or platter.
- Prepare dressing of vinegar, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Emulsify by whisking.
- Lightly brush raw tuna steaks with olive oil, season with a tiny pinch of salt and black pepper, and place on medium-hot grill for approximately 2 minutes per side until medium rare to medium.
- Place grilled tuna in center of Nicoise platter. Lightly dress all ingredients, including tuna, with vinaigrette dressing and serve.
Share this Recipe