Scrumptiously resting atop a single slice of whole grain toast and Humus, these ‘Dirty Eggs’ pack a powerhouse of healthful ingredients. And the favor is earthy and remarkably satisfying.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||7 Minutes|
- 1 tsp Groud Turmeric
- 1.5 Tbsp Sherry
- 4 grinds black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- .25 cup Pre-cooked Spinach
- 2 ea Medium Mushrooms (brown or white)
- .5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ea slice of Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 Tbsp Hummus
- In a glass mixing bowl dissolve the turmeric in the sherry and whisk together. Add the black pepper. Crack and add the eggs. Whisk all together.
- Slice mushrooms. Squeeze and chop the pre-cooked spinach.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- In a non-stick egg pan sauté the mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat. Then add the spinach and heat through.
- Pop single slice of bread into the toaster. When done, smear with hummus and place on plate with a small swipe of hummus ‘glue’ underneath.
- Re-whisk the egg and turmeric mixture and add to the pan. Gently and constantly stir eggs with a rubber spatula until ﬁrm but still slightly wet. Fold out onto the toast.
Accompany w/ fresh melon & berries
Share this Recipe