Roasting is a particularly healthy cooking method, concentrating the flavors and nutrients in many of our cooked foods rather than boiling them away. Since we already have a chicken in the oven for our Poulet Jardin, it makes sense to roast some of the vegetables as well, including bright orange butternut squash, winter white cauliflower and ripe red tomato halves.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence Includes Rosemary, Thyme, Marjoram & Lavender
- Rinse and dry the cauliflower before coring and breaking the head into individual florets.
- In a large bowl combine the florets, olive oil, salt & pepper, and a modest pinch of Herbs de Provence, which is a distinct flavor. It's meant to enhance the natural flavor of the cauliflower, not overpower it.
- Toss all ingredients thoroughly and spread onto a roasting pan.
- Place in pre-heated oven at 375 for approx. 20 to 25 minutes.
- Halfway through the roasting process jostle the pan and use a spatula, or tongs, to turn the florets, gaining all-around contact with the pan in order to create even browning.
- Cauliflower should darken to a deep ivory color with browned highlight. Texture should be tender, but remain just a tiny bit "al dente."
Share this Recipe