Skinless chicken, earthy whole grains and a bounty of crisp, nutritious vegetables equals a complete meal full of quality calories with a bright, fresh, ultimately-satisfying ﬂavor!
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- 1 ea skinless chicken breast (pre-cooked)
- 3 ea Celery Stalks
- 1 ea red onion (mild)
- 1 ea red bell pepper (mild)
- 1 cup Chopped Kale (pre-blanched)
- 2 cups Coarsely Chopped Tomato
- .5 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup Pearl Barley (cooked & cooled)
- 1 cup Hydrated Bulgar Wheat
- 1 ea lemon (juiced)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Coarsely dice all vegetables and place in spacious mixing bowl.
- Cube pre-cooked chicken and add to bowl.
- Add cooked pearled barley & bulgar. Combine all thoroughly.
- Squeeze in lemon juice. Add olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Combine all and serve.
No salt to cook the barley and no salt in the salad. Just not needed with all the ﬂavors of red onion, bell pepper, tomato and brightness of parsley and lemon!
Share this Recipe