Naturally sweet crab is very high in protein, low in calories and saturated fat, and a good source of Omega 3’s! The Haas avocado half is loaded with ﬁber, potassium and heart-healthy mono-unsaturated fat. Combined, they’re unbeatable!
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||0 Minutes|
- 1 ea Large Avocado
- 4 oz Lump Crab Meat
- 1 tsp Fresh Chive (chopped)
- 1 ea lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, shred and ﬂuﬀ 4 oz. of crab meat with a fork. Add the chopped chive. Add the juice from half the lemon. Add one or two grinds of black pepper. Toss the ingredients gently.
- Split, pit and peel the avocado. Slice oﬀ and ﬂatten a thin portion of the round bottom of each avocado half so they sit stably on a salad plate. Dowse the avocado with juice of half the lemon to keep the avocado bright and green. Season the cavities with a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fill each avocado half with 2 oz. of the seasoned crab meat mixture. “Pick” out the crab meat with a toothpick so the shreds stand out a little for better presentation. Garnish with extra chive and lemon wedge to serve.
This Crab-In-A-Cradle recipe is light, bright and delicious, high in healthy fats, lean protein and surprisingly high in ﬁber. Just keep the added salt to a bare minimum because both fresh-cooked and canned crab is moderately high in sodium. That’s why just a 2oz. serving is recommended for each avocado half.
Share this Recipe