This amazing, vegetable-rich chili is guaranteed to help your tastebuds, ﬁnd their very own Happy Place in the great outdoors!
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||1 Hour|
- .25 cup olive oil
- 6 ea garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 1 ea large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 ea carrots (medium dice)
- 1 ea red bell pepper (medium chop)
- 1 ea green bell pepper (medium chop)
- 1 ea Large Jalapeno Pepper (fine dice)
- 1 bunch kale (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1.5 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 3 ea bay leaves
- 6 ea sage leaves (fine ribbons)
- 1 ea fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 lb Low Fat Ground Turkey (pre-cooked)
- 16 oz Low Sodium Red Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 16 oz Low Sodium Pinto Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 16 oz Low Sodium White Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 32 oz Low Sodium Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ea limes (juiced)
- In a heavy bottom Dutch Oven-style pot, saute the garlic, onion and carrot in olive oil for a minute or two. Then add the red and green bell pepper, jalapeño and chopped kale. Stir regularly and ‘sweat’ the vegetables for several minutes.
- Add all herbs and spices to the pot, stir thoroughly and continue to cook until the spices ‘open up’ and perfume the air.
- Reduce the heat to medium low or spread out the ﬁre. Add the turkey, all the beans, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, lime juice and water as needed. Cook at a slow simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
Whether you prepare this incredible Fireside Chili in the great outdoors, or on the stove at home, the preparation method is identical.
Share this Recipe