This hodgepodge of sweet and savory ﬂavors is extremely high in ﬁber, extraordinarily nutritious and refreshingly quirky… whether it’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Ingredients to Remember
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 1 cup Quinoa (pre-cooked and cooled)
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- .5 cup Fresh Blackberries
- .5 cup Fresh Blueberries
- .25 cup Shallot or Mild Red onion (minced)
- 1 ea lemon
- .25 cup Fresh Basil (cut into fine ribbons)
- Combine berries and cooked/cooled quinoa in a mixing bowl.
- Finely mince and add onion.
- Add juice of lemon.
- Chiﬀonade the basil and add to mixture. Toss thoroughly and serve.
Salmagundi is originally a 17th century French dish of meat, anchovy, egg, lemon and other hodgepodge ingredients. Today it just means a mixture of interesting ingredients.
Share this Recipe