We can absolutely eat a rainbow of colorful, nutritious, savory/sweet vegetables in a traditional Breakfast Skillet. It’s another way to start our day with healthy portion of ﬁber and a sensible bump of protein with an optional poached egg on top!
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
3 or 4 People
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 ea garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ea Red chile (finely minced)
- 1 cup Grated potato (skin on)
- 1 cup Grated carrot
- 1 cup Grated zucchini
- 1 ea medium onion (diced)
- 1 ea medium leek (diced)
- 1 ea Medium red bell pepper
- 2 ea Stalks of celery (diced)
- 1 ea Ear of sweet corn
- 1 cup Chopped Kale
- 1 cup Chick peas
- black pepper
- In large cast iron skillet, over medium heat, add half the olive oil, the garlic and red chili. Sizzle for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium low. Quickly follow with the grated potato, carrot and zucchini. Combine and cook for a few minutes.
- Dice and add the onion, leek, celery, kale, sweet corn, bell pepper and chick peas. Combine all and slowly cook until vegetables reduce in volume and lose excess moisture.
- Add the remaining olive oil to start browning and crisping all ingredients. Scrape bottom of pan regularly to bring up and combine the browned and caramelized vegetables. Season with black pepper.
- Pre-heat individual serving dishes. Transfer mixture to dishes to present. Finishing with one poached egg is optional.
Share this Recipe